The Net has the capacity to level the playing field between small and big business with regard to capturing market share. Search marketing – SEO, PPC and viral marketing is the most effective and most affordable approach to driving traffic to a web site. Any sort of business with a web site can participate.
Trends in Search Engine Optimization. North American advertisers spent US $9.4 billion on search engine marketing in 2006. This represented a 62% increase over the prior year as well as an 750% increase from 2002. The reason for this growth is related to the explosive growth of the Internet worldwide – a trend which includes impacted every industry in every developed country, producing huge amounts of dollars in revenue for companies having a strong Internet presence.
Search Engine Optimization to improve Web Site Traffic. Search engine marketing (SEM) identifies listings and links to websites which can be produced on the pages of a search engine directory (like Google, Yahoo or MSN) when a keyword key word or phrase is entered. There are 2 varieties of results which can be produced. Listings at the top or right column are sponsored comes from advertisers who pay each time someone clicks their ad and visits their web site. This is known as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. The greatest SEM vendors for sponsored searching are Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter.
The next type of search results are definitely the free organic listings that are produced as a result of content and code on the internet site that match criteria determined by the major search engines- essentially the major search engines try to find keywords, relevant content, meta tags, alt tags, backlinks and traffic flow. The entire process of getting webpages to fit these criteria is known as seo or SEO. The closer the site matches the search engine’s criteria, the higher the ranking order for your internet site. If a website is not found on the first or second page of search engine results, it really is unlikely to be found and bring about traffic. Numerous pages on a website could be optimized and discovered through the major search engines. You can find hundreds to 1000s of search engines. Nearly all searches however come through Google, Yahoo and MSN. Each internet search engine uses different rules or algorithms for determining ranking order. These rules can and often do change over time. That is why it is really an ongoing process to attain and keep a good page ranking with SEO. When SEO features a presence in forums, blogs, social networking sites, and multimedia directories, the result is viral marketing – this is when traffic and results become very exciting!
Best Results Through SEO and Viral Marketing – A great SEO program will not just produce a high pagerank for keywords, it will drive traffic from a particular potential audience to internet site pages from many different sources. These might include links from relevant websites valued by search engines like google, forums, blogs, social networks, multimedia directories and online pr releases. The sum total of all of this marketing generates a viral effect resulting in high search engine ranking positions and explosive internet site traffic.
17 critical components for SEO with viral marketing results:
1. Niche research and analysis to determine keywords that are searched in significant numbers and highly relevant to the net site’s target audience.
2. Incorporating an XML site map to ensure that search engine listings can crawl the web site easily.
3. Incorporation of informative content-rich web pages for the existing website based on targeted keywords.
4. Defining keyword-rich Titles and Meta tags for each and every page from the web site to make every page search engine friendly.
5. Hand submitting the net site to niche directories to have valuable one of the ways links.
6. Writing and developing keyword-rich articles focused on targeted keywords.
7. Making a blog for that web site and submitting it to blog directories and blog search engines like google.
8. Submitting articles to leading E-zines and other informative sites to have one of the ways links together with relevant traffic for the web site.
9. Exchanging links with some other relevant internet sites to increase backlinks for your internet site.
10. Taking part in niche Blogs & Forums to obtain quality back-links and traffic.
11. Making a presence in Social Book marking sites.
12. Creating a presence in Social Networking sites.
13. Taking part in Video Sharing using video that showcases the internet site’s mission, purpose, brand and unique selling position.
14. RSS feed creation and submission to numerous RSS directories.
15. Press release creation and submission.
16. Including powerful and effective marketing copy in most content produced for the SEO and viral marketing program.
17. Tracking of results and making modifications based on traffic patterns, lead generation results and sales conversion data.
A plain vanilla SEO program that optimizes website pages will produce limited results. I have personally seen companies charge big bucks and stuff keywords into pages that no human being would read. They could get attention orgnls the search engines but people will be off that site in a heartbeat. In essence effective marketing copy in exactly what is produced for your project.
Most SEO companies tend not to include many of these viral marketing concepts inside their program. By using this listing of criteria when you shop around for a business to do your SEO will help you obtain the most value for the money you may spend. Done well and responsibly managed, SEO and viral marketing can be your most productive marketing investment.